Users created with an email address require email verification before use. Integrate emails with user accounts in your Hosted~FTP~ server. Create a user for those that require access privileges with their own workspace and folder infrastructure. This is determined by how the workflow process is defined for the account.
1. Click on the Users Tab and click the “Add” button located on the right-hand menu.
2. When the Add window opens, enter the email addresses of the recipients you want to invite to use Hosted~FTP~, add a subject and a message.
3. Click send to finalize the user.
4. Both the new User and the Admin will receive a secure email link inviting them to create a Hosted~FTP~ account. This allows the Admin to acknowledge virtual email accounts i.e. sysAdmin@yourCompany.com
Note: If you do not receive the email, ensure that the Hostedftp.com site is ‘whitelisted’ in your internal network
5. Clicking on the activation link will take you to the Activation Form on the Hosted~FTP~ web site. *Please note: Email invitations expire after 24 hours. Admins must send the link again by following the previous steps above. The User:
6. The Hosted~FTP~ system acknowledges the submission with an on screen message
Click to view how to Import Users and Shared Folders