Configuring PKI Support
The Hosted~FTP~ SaaS application has been designed to support public key authentication with SFTP connections. Please review these links for further information on (Public Key) PKI:
Generating a Secure Shell (SSH) key pair for an SFTP
Please review this link for details on generating an SSH key pair for either a Windows or MAC machine. To import PKI keys from PuttyGen on Linux, refer to this link. For using PKI keys with Linux, refer to this article.
Setting up Hosted~FTP~ for PKI
- Login to the admin account or to a user that is not a “managed user”
- Go to the Setup tab and under Options check “Use a public key for SFTP authentication”
- Enter your PKI in the text box and save.
Alternate key format
Setting up an FTP client for PKI e.g. FileZilla
- For the FileZilla FTP client go to Edit > Settings > SFTP to get to preferences (see below) and select the “Add keyfile” button (your private key).
- Enter the login credentials in Filezilla and ensure that the password field is left blank and SFTP is the protocol