AndFTP Tutorials – Searching, resume support and third-party sharing
AndFTP Tutorials – Search, resume support and third-party sharing
In the second part of our AndFTP tutorials, learn how to use 3 awesome tools you can use to efficiently transfer files faster.
To search directories in either your local site (mobile device) or remote site (HostedFTP account) follow the instructions below:
- After connecting to your remote site, toggle between your remote site (cloud icon) or local site (phone icon).
- Click the options button at the top-right of the AndFTP interface and select search.
- Use the filters in the search window to narrow down your search.
- Insert a keyword related to the file or folder you’re looking for and tap ok.
To enable resume support, follow the instructions below:
Enabling resume support will freeze a transfer if the connection is disrupted and will resume after regaining a connection.
- Go to the site manager or home page.
- Tap and hold a site connection and click edit.
- Find enable resume support at the bottom of the page.
- Click save.
- Alternatively, you can setup resume support when creating a site connection.
To use the third-party app sharing feature, follow the instructions below:
The third-party app sharing feature allows you to transfer files directly to your remote site faster by selecting AndFTP as the sharing method.
- Make sure you’ve specified a default directory (“default dir” in AndFTP site manager)
- Browse your local system for the file(s) you want to transfer.
- Click the share button or icon on your mobile device and select AndFTP as the sharing tool.