On the attached “Import Template.csv” spreadsheet the first tab is for importing users. second tab is for importing shared folders. Please review the Excel comments which explain what belongs in the columns. These should be reviewed and modified or deleted if you don’t want to import that information.
The basic feature is on the Users tab–>”Import users” page. Although this directs you to enter only username and password, there is an extended file format that allows you to specify other fields as well as per the details below. Format your import with comma separated fields and ensure that the first line contains the descriptor as noted below. This should be followed by one or more lines per user that you want to import.
Here is an example of importing a single user.
Access to the shared folder (shortcut):
1) read (R) – list folder contents, download files
2) Write (W) – upload files
3) read_write (RW, RW) – list folder contents, upload files, download files, delete files
4) read_write_no_delete (RWND) – list folder contents, upload files, download files, cannot delete or overwrite files/folder
5) none (N)- no access to folder, can be used for notifications only setup
Notifications to be sent to this contact. Please note that notifications can only be sent to contacts who have an email address associated with their account:
1) upload (U) – notify this contact when anyone uploads a file to this folder
2) download (D) – notify this contact when anyone downloads a file from this folder
3) upload_download (UD, DU) – notify this contact when anyone uploads or downloads files to/from this folder
4) none (N) – do not send notifications to this contact