Sending and receiving files by secure email link
Sending large files by secure email link
Hosted~FTP~ provides the function to easily send secure e-mail links to recipients in and out of your FTP. Just follow these steps:
- You can send mail anytime you are logged into your account by going to the Home page and clicking the “Send” button.
- Each person you add in the “To” box will receive an email notification that you have sent files to them, including a link for them to click to download the files. You’ll receive an email notification when a link is clicked.
- Select files from your local machine one at time using the web browser interface or enable the drag and drop function to quickly select multiple files and folders for sending.
- If you’ve already uploaded files to your account you can attach them by clicking on the “Files” button.
- Maximum is 8 files by Email, Maximum size is 2GB
- All of your mail is displayed on the Home page. You can click any mail item to download, forward, delete, or set options.
Receiving large files by secure email link
Hosted~FTP~ allows recipients to send files to your FTP who are not users in your account. The storage each contact uses counts towards your account total. Click Here to learn how storage is calculated.
- Start by clicking on the “Home” tab
- Next, click “Receive files” located on the right hand menu
- In the new window, add the email addresses of your recipients that you want to receive files from in the “To” field.
- If you desire, you can add a storage quota to limit the recipient’s file(s) size (optional).
You can modify these individual settings at any time by clicking on a contact from the Contacts page