Anonymously Sharing Files by URL
Hosted~FTP~ allows anonymous 3rd parties (not a contact or user of your account) to access your files when you enable anonymous “read” access to a shared folder you own. By providing them with the proper URL syntax, they can view those files.
- Click “Share” after selecting the folder with files you want to share.
- Checkmark “Allow anonymous Read access to this folder” as shown below.
- Click “Browse” to copy and paste the URL syntax.
4. Save your settings and you can now grant anonymous access by giving your recipient(s) the URL.
- Your customers (trades) should be able to access the folder with the following link format:
- Giving sole access to a user:
The files are located in a folder that is exclusively shared with a user “demoUser” with a password of “123456”. Your trades should be able to access the folder with the following link format:
Click Here for alternative methods to Anonymously Share Folders