Difference between a user and a contact
Hosted~FTP~ utilizes users and contacts differently for effective infrastructure management. There are two different tabs to manage them separately. Both users and contacts have unique usernames and passwords for secure access.
- Can receive mail from any user
- Cannot create folders or upload into their infrastructure
- Must be given permission to send mail to a specific recipient
- Must be given permission from a shared folder to upload/download
- Send files or mail to any recipient
- Create folders that can be shared with others
- Can have their own folder infrastructure to upload and download
- Can be managed by Administrator for limited permissions
- E.G. – Limit storage & bandwidth, change password, force only FTPS/SFTP connection
- Be turned into an Administrator
- The account administrator plus all employees of the company are users in the account.
- Users can interact with each other plus anyone outside of the company.
- Customers, clients, etc. are set up as contacts in the account.
- Contacts can interact with others only when given permission.
Click Here for information on the Users Tab
Click Here for information on the Contacts Tab
Click Here for our other Features and Best Practices